Please Enjoy the Library and Respect its use by Others
The Board of the James Prendergast Library has established rules of behavior that customers must adhere to when in a library branch or on library property. These rules serve to: make the library a welcoming and safe place for customers, maintain a safe workplace for staff, preserve and protect the library’s materials, facilities and property. Please help us by adhering to the following:
Rules of Conduct While Using the James Prendergast Library
- Follow the rules for library computer use as outlined in the Internet Use Agreement.
- Wear shoes and shirts.
- Keep food and beverages in designated areas.
Please do not:
- Use personal electronic equipment, or talk, either on the phone or in person, in a volume that causes a significant disturbance to others.
- Block entrances, exits, aisles or any other space designed for customers to access the library’s collections or services.
- Run, push, jump or climb.
- Leave children under age 8 unattended. The library is not responsible for unattended children. Children under age 8 must be accompanied and directly supervised by an adult, at all times, in all areas of the library and on its grounds.
- Use bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, or other sports equipment in the building or on library grounds.
- Damage library equipment and materials.
- Bring pets inside the library (with the exception of service animals), except as allowed by library-approved events.
- Use tobacco or alcohol on library property.
- Act in ways that disrespect or threaten other library users or library staff.
- Solicit, petition or distribute material inside or outside of the library that has not been approved by the library.
- Sleep in the library or on library property.
- Commit or attempt to commit any action that is a violation of federal, state or local laws.