Access your account here. You will need your library card number and PIN/password to access your account. If you do not know your PIN/password, please call the Circulation Desk at (716) 484-7135 ext. 233.
- You will need to bring your own laptop computer or wireless device to the library.
- Most WiFi equipment will be compatible with library’s WiFi network. The library can make no guarantees that you will be able to connect with the library’s network.
- You will need your photo ID or Library Card to access our WiFi. Simply bring your photo ID or Library Card to our Information Desk and the staff member will give you the password to access our WiFi. Our wireless network is called “Prendergast.” You should be able to connect anywhere in the library. When connecting to the WiFi you are agreeing to abide by Our Internet Use Policy.
- You are responsible for setting up your own equipment. If you are not familiar with computers or networking, we recommend bringing someone with you who can help you configure your laptop.
- Printing is not available from the wireless network.
Organizations can apply for a $20.00 voucher to be used to select titles from the ongoing Book Sale at Prendergast Library by filling out a Book Sale/Family Literacy Fund Voucher Application FORM.
If you have a new card, the PIN is the 4 digit number the Circulation desk wrote down for you. If you don’t have a record of this, please call the Information Desk at 484-7135, ext. 225.
Once you know your PIN, you can change it. PIN numbers must be between 1 to 10 digits. Any combination of letters and/or numbers is acceptable. Log in to your account HERE. Click on Personal Information. Click on Change PIN. You should see the screen below.
To start using the library today, sign up for a 3 week temporary ID, which can be used immediately to place holds, use the library’s online databases, and download eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines.
To get a library card giving you full access to all materials, bring to the library at 509 Cherry Street, Jamestown, your photo ID and proof of current address. For out-of-state residents, cards cost $10 a year. Patrons must use their own cards to borrow or reserve materials.
- Locate the material you wish to place on hold
- Click on “Place Hold” to the far right of the screen.
- If you are not already logged in when you try to place a hold, the system will prompt you to log in. Enter your Library Card number and PIN or password. If you do not know your PIN, you may either call the Circulation Desk at 484-7135 ext. 233 OR click the Forgot my PIN link. **NOTE** Your email address must be on file to reset your PIN.
- A window will appear for you to specify where you want to pick up the item when it arrives.
- Click Place Hold. The system will tell you if the hold was successfully placed or not.
- Click OK. Once you have placed a hold on an item, you will be able to see it in My Account under the Holds tab.
Contact the Information Desk if you have problems with placing your hold. 484-7135 ext. 225
- Log in to your account HERE.
- Click on the Checkouts tab
- Select the item(s) you wish to renew
- Click the Renew button