Part of Historic Newspaper Microfilm Collection Now Available Online

//Part of Historic Newspaper Microfilm Collection Now Available Online

Courtesy of a grant from the Western New York Library Resources Council, Prendergast Library was able have part of its historic newspaper microfilm collection digitized. Issues of the Jamestown Journal from 1826 to 1902 can now be viewed and searched online at the following link via NYS Historic Newspapers: http://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/titles/places/new_york/chautauqua/

The Jamestown Journal (also known as the Jamestown Evening Journal and Jamestown Daily Journal at different times) was a local newspaper established in 1826, which continued to run until it was merged with the Jamestown Morning Post in 1941 to become the currently circulating Post-Journal. Though not digitized, back issues of the Jamestown Morning Post and The Post-Journal (in addition to the somewhat short-lived Jamestown Sun) are available to view on microfilm inside the Prendergast Library.

2017-12-18T15:35:38+00:00News|