Skip to content
Borrowing and Accounts
Inside the library
- 3D Printer: An experienced staff member will make, upon request, three-dimensional objects in plastic using a design that is uploaded from a .STL digital computer file. The cost for the printed item is .07 per gram of filament used.
- Booksale: the Library offers a daily book sale that is open all hours the library is open. Gift certificates are available for purchase at the circulation desk.
- Computer Classes – Temporarily suspended. Please check calendar in the fall!
- Copier/ Printer: The library offers both color and black-and-white printing in the Public Computer Center on the first floor of the library. The copier has the capability to copy larger-format materials (up to 11×17). The charge is .15 for black and white copies .50 for color copies.
- Day Adventure Passes – Looking for adventure? Check out a Day Adventure Pass at the Circulation Desk to enjoy free or reduced price admission to one of our amazing cultural partners!
- Equipment Checkout: Items below are available for check out with a library card in good standing for a 3 day check out (unless otherwise requested)
- Portable screens
- Slide projector
- Overhead projectors
- Opaque overhead projector (used to enlarge image)
- eReaders: The Library offers eReaders (e.g. Kindles and Nexus) for our patrons to borrow to try out eBooks and explore these devices. Inquire at the Information desk.
- Fax Machine: $2.00 for first page and $1.00 for every page thereafter – Cover page is free.
- Flatbed Scanner: The Library has a document scanner connected to a computer in the Public Computer Center so documents can be easily digitized. This scanner requires page-by-page scanning, and can handle up to 8.5″ x 14″ paper.
- Interlibrary Loan
- Meeting Rooms
- Birthday Parties can be held at the library. The cost is $50 (maximum 20 children) and the library will provide the tables and chairs and a staff member who will do a storytime and introduce a craft (approximately 1 hour). Library staff will also do the set-up, which includes limited decorations, and the clean-up.
- Microfilm: the library has 4 microfilm viewers. Two are ScanPro 1100s that allow images to be saved or printed.
- Life Magazine: 1958 – 1972
- Look Magazine: 1955 – 1971
- Newsweek: 1948 – 1977
- Time: 1951 – 1977, (Microfiche) 1978 – Jan. 2004
- U.S. News & World Report: (Microfilm) 1955 – 1977, (Microfiche) 1978 – Jan. 2002
- Notarial Services: The Library has a licensed notary public on staff and offers notarial services free of charge to Prendergast Library users. Call 484-7135 ext. 225 for staff availability.
- Self – Checkout
- Talking Books & Bifocal Kits
- Tax Documents: Limited Federal and State paper tax forms are available to patrons at no cost starting the end of January through April.
- Tax Preparation: During Tax season, Tax preparation through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) is available at the library every Tuesday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through April 12, in the Public Computer Center. The V.I.T.A. program offers free tax help to households who made less than $53,000 in the 2015 tax year, persons with disabilities, and senior citizens who need assistance preparing their own tax returns.
- Text magnifier for the visually impaired: The Library offers assistive technology for the visually impaired. Our telesensory low vision magnifier is located on the first floor. A special camera and viewing screen enables the reader to view such things as pill bottles, books, newspapers, mail, checkbooks, photographs, etc. Whatever you want to read or view is magnified on the large viewing screen.