Book a One Hour Appointment for One-On-One Technology Instruction!
The library provides one-on-one assistance with electronic devices. Our Learning Lab Technician can help with: Kindles, iPads, Smartphones, Laptops, Google Tablets and more! In 2015 our Learning Lab Technicians performed 318 one-on-ones for the entire year. Participants have told us the sessions are “very informative,” and the technician is, “very helpful, patient and knowledgeable.”
To book your appointment, call (716) 484-7135 x 225
Need help learning about your new Kindle or iPad? Want to create a Facebook profile but don’t know how to get started?
Learn how to use…
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 Basics (please inquire about any specific programs)
- iPad or iPhone Basics
- Smartphone basics
- Basic computer cleanliness
- Kindle or other eReaders
- Microsoft Office Basics (Word, Excel, Publisher, Powerpoint)
- Email (cellphone number required to create email account)
- USB Flash Drives to save personal files
- Google Drive or other Cloud or drive services
- Skype for video chatting
- Spotify or Pandora for listening to music
- Social media like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, or LinkedIn
- Downloading library ebooks or audiobooks onto your computer or portable device
- Use the library’s free resource databases
(Please note that one-on-ones are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. You may only book ONE appointment at a time – instructor will determine placement after initial meeting for future appointments. Maximum 3 appointments per patron)
Before you arrive, please remember…
- Please arrive with a clear goal of what you would like to learn.
- Please arrive with all the necessary passwords needed to access your device or accounts.
- Be sure to bring in any device you need help with. If necessary, we can provide PC laptops with Windows 7, 8 or iPad for demonstration. Patrons bringing in their own equipment must also bring in any associated cords or other peripheral equipment as well, if necessary.
- We are unable to troubleshoot or fix malfunctioning devices, take apart or replace physical parts on a device, or participate in credit card transactions.
- Patrons can use their own equipment during a one-on-one session, however, library staff may not be able to provide assistance for some non-standard hardware or software.
- Patrons must accompany their computers or electronics at all times, please no drop offs.