Join our team – Library Associate
- July 18, 2022
- Posted by: Tress Williams
- Category: Uncategorized
Library Associate I
The James Prendergast Library located in Jamestown, NY seeks an energetic, knowledgeable, service-oriented individual to provide customer service and instruction at the library’s Circulation, Information, and Children’s Desks.
This position involves developing promotional materials for the library, including flyers, social media posts, and graphics using Canva.
Additionally, this job entails working in the library’s collection to shelve returned materials and maintain the collection’s accurate order and appearance.
This position is 15-20 hours per week and includes evenings and Saturdays. Applicant must be comfortable working with the public, have a positive attitude, and possess excellent communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor Degree in related area
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication
- Experience working with children and teens
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative environment as well as work independently
- Skilled in Microsoft Office desktop applications
Desirable (not required):
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited program
- Public library experience
- Strong problem solving skills
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Apply via email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.