Frequently Asked Questions
To start using the library today, sign up for a 30 day temporary ID, which can be used immediately to place holds, use the library’s online databases, and download eBooks and eAudiobooks.
To get a library card giving you full access to all materials, visit the library at 509 Cherry Street in Jamestown, NY. You will need a photo ID and proof of current address. For out-of-state residents, cards cost $10 a year. Patrons must use their own cards to borrow or reserve materials.
- You will need to bring your own laptop computer or wireless device to the library. Computers are also available for use in our computer lab.
- Our wireless network is called “Library.” You should be able to connect anywhere in the library. When connecting to the WiFi you are agreeing to abide by our Internet Use Policy.
- Printing is available via email. Please inquire about printing or computer use at the library’s Information Desk.
Access your account here. You will need your library card number and PIN/password to access your account. If you do not know your PIN/password, please call the Circulation Desk at (716) 484-7135 ext. 233.
If you have a new card, the password is the 4 digit number you established as your PIN. If you don’t have a record of this, please call the Information Desk at 484-7135, ext. 226.
Once you know your password, you can change it. Log in to your account HERE. Once logged in, you can change your password.
If you have forgotten your password, you can recover your password HERE or call the Circulation Desk at (716) 484-7135 ext. 233
- Log in to your account HERE.
- Select the item(s) you wish to renew in the Renew column
- Click Renew Selected
- Locate the material you wish to place on hold
- Click on “Place Hold” under the item.
- If you are not already logged in when you try to place a hold, the system will prompt you to log in. Enter your Library Card number and PIN or password. If you do not know your PIN, you can call the Circulation Desk at 484-7135 ext. 233 or recover it HERE.
- A window will appear for you to specify where you want to pick up the item when it arrives.
- Click Confirm Hold. The system will tell you if the hold was successfully placed or not.
- Once you have placed a hold on an item, you will be able to see it under the Holds tab in your account.
Contact the Information Desk if you have problems with placing your hold. 484-7135 ext. 226
The library accepts employment application forms on an ongoing basis, and keeps applications on file should relevant openings arise. Check Indeed, the library’s homepage, and the library’s Facebook page for new job openings.
Download a PDF of our Employment Application Form HERE.
Employment applications can also be acquired in person at the library’s Circulation Desk.