Thank you for your interest in employment at the Prendergast Library!
The library accepts employment application forms on an ongoing basis, and keeps applications on file should relevant openings arise.
Our online employment application form is available HERE.
Download a print-friendly PDF of our Employment Application Form HERE. Employment applications can also be acquired and returned at the library’s Circulation Desk.
Library Associate I
The James Prendergast Library located in Jamestown, NY seeks an energetic, knowledgeable, service-oriented individual to provide educational programming and customer service at the library. This position involves planning and running programs for children and teens.
This position is 25-35 hours per week and includes evenings and weekends. Applicant must be comfortable working with the public, have a positive attitude, and possess excellent communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor Degree in related area
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication
- Experience working with children and teens
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative environment as well as work independently
- Skilled in Microsoft Office desktop applications
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited program
- Public library experience
- Strong problem solving skills
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Apply via email with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.