eBooks and More
Looking for the library catalog? Click here.
Visit ccls.overdrive.com to browse free eBooks and audiobooks.
- Excited to read a new release that hasn’t been published yet?
- Some popular titles are pre-ordered, which allows users to place a hold before the book is available.
- Try searching for the book you want – even if it’s not published yet. You might be able to get a better spot on the waitlist!
- Want to extend your loan?
- If no other user has placed a hold, you can renew your checkouts through your loans page.
- Do you have too many titles to read?
- You can suspend your holds via your holds page – this allows you to stay on the waitlist without getting the title checked out to your account.
- Choose a set amount of time to suspend your hold, and once it expires and the title becomes available again, it will be checked out to you.
- Want a book that isn’t available?
- Don’t have a library card?
- Sign up for a digital card at ccls.overdrive.com. Click on Sign In.
- Forgot your PIN or library card number, or have an expired account?
- Contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Using a smartphone or tablet?
- Download the Libby app!
- Is there a limit to how many books I can have checked out at one time?
- Yes – you can have 5 checkouts at one time.
- How many books can I place on hold at one time?
- You can have 5 books on hold at a time.
- Can I renew books?
- Yes, 3 days before it is due unless there is a hold on it.
- Can I keep a book past its due date?
- No, books will return automatically on their due date.
- I finished my book early, can I return it before the due date?
- Yes. In the Libby app, the option is under manage loan. In your browser, the option will be under the book on your bookshelf.
- A book says coming soon. Can I place a hold on it?
- Some books have a lot of holds. Will the library buy more copies?
- The Chautauqua-Cattaraugus Library System does its best to buy additional copies of books that have a high number of holds provided funds are available.
- Who buys the books for OverDrive?
- All the libraries in the Chautauqua-Cattaraugus Library System help to purchase books.
- The Prendergast Library allocates a certain amount of the materials budget to electronic books – we would like to thank the Jessie Smith Darrah Fund for providing funds for Adult Fiction eBooks!
- Are the same books on the shelf at the library available on OverDrive?
- Many of the most popular and high interest books are available. Publishers choose what titles they allow OverDrive to make available.